Thursday, July 13, 2006

Why GMAIL SUCKS...

I HATE SPAM! Detest it. Show me a spammer and I will be happy to flogg him or her. Email means business for me and business is my life blood. SPAM with GMAIL is out of control.

As if this wasn't enough, take what has happened to my friend and CW HOT Seat interviewee Ali Al Saeed and his GMAIL NIGHTMAREhttp://quixotiq-writings.blogspot.com/2006/04/gmail-saga-continues-and-other-updates.html

(On the bright side Ali NO MORE GMAIL SPAM MESSAGES for you!)

Couple that fact, with my little used Gmail account that receives close to 2000 spam emails a MONTH. Pleas for help with the asswipes at GMAIL have failed to even generate a response let alone a canned one. For all of Google's MIGHT the mighty will fall if they don't take care of the customer. A very simple rule, yet one so often overlooked.

2000 emails a month roughly translates to over 66 per day. Simple math for those who can't handle it! Granted most do wind up in the so called "SPAM FOLDER" but still the volume is out of control and GMAIL is doing SQUAT about it.

I had hoped to slowly transfer my email usage over to GMAIL and DUMP AO HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL. Alas GMAIL makes AOL look good when compared to the sheer volume of SPAM.

Has anyone else experianced this much SPAM with GMAIL?

6 Comments:

Blogger BuZain said...

That's a lot of Spam CW. I use Gmail moderately and I get 2 to 4 spam messages a day but they all go in the SPAM folder so I'm not really bothered. I skim through the SPAM folder regularly to make sure no proper messages are caught and if I find one then I add the sender to my contact list. This will definitely keep future messages off the spam folder. I used to manage a mail server of thousands of accounts few years ago and spam was a huge problem then and I believe it is even a bigger problem now.

My strategy is simple. Have different accounts for different stuff and use client spam filters. I use my batelco account for official personal stuff and friends, Gmail for online newsletters, forum registrations and blogging, and work email for work obviously! Does it work? I believe so. I pay less attention to spam on Gmail but high attention to work email which is already protected by an enterprise spam filter and Microsoft Outlook client based spam filter.

There is this blogger who writes about email overload who may help you in tackling your spam nightmares. Check it out and good luck.

July 13, 2006 2:52 PM  
Blogger Cerebralwaste said...

buzain

Firstly, THANK YOU for stopping by this humble little blog. You are always welcome here.

I set up a Gmail account in the hopes of transferring my main email account,(over time) away from AOHELLLLLLLLL. So I have never had all my eggs in the Gmail basket.. So to speak!

I have at least 7 differant email address. Some dormant some used more than others and 1 used for this little blog.. Skunkcrazy at aol dot com.

I had high hope for Gmail but if my case and Ali's problem are common I see no future for it.

I must be honest in the past year AOHELLLLLLS spam problem has gotton much much better. Though I still dream of the day of dumping them once and for all.

July 13, 2006 6:36 PM  
Blogger Shoufy said...

Shoufy, the cat, also gets about 66 sorted out SPAMS every week day - fewer on weekend days.
. . . a techie cat

July 14, 2006 11:41 AM  
Blogger Cerebralwaste said...

So sorry to hear Shoufy is getting that much spam as well. Should I use a differant email address for to contact Shoufy from now on?

Also please do me a favor...

EAT A SHAWARMA for me!!

love
mark

July 15, 2006 4:30 PM  
Blogger Um Naief said...

I get spam w/ gmail but nothing like what you're talking about... maybe 60 in 4 day's time if I don't check them. But, I just hit "all" and "delete".

I like gmail... I prob don't use it like you're using it tho.

July 16, 2006 12:26 AM  
Blogger Cerebralwaste said...

Tooners

The sad fact is I don't use my Gmail account very much and I don't recall signing up for anything with that email address either.

July 16, 2006 4:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home