Tuesday, July 15, 2008


MMMMMM Toody's MMMMMMMM

I stopped by my favorite sub shop/restaurant yesterday for a quick "snack" to feed my ever growing intestinal tapeworm. It had been a while since I had been to Toody's in Wakefield. For various reasons I just haven't been eating at Toody's of late.
For various reasons I haven't been eating out anywhere for that matter! Yesterday though I resolved that this must and will of course change for a couple of reasons. First, Toody's now has pizza and it is DAMN GOOD pizza. Now I have known about the pizza for a while. I have dined on more than a few of them as well, but I am just getting around to writing about it. Only complaint I have about Toody's Pizza is, is that they don't deliver. Petty I know, but the pizza is DAMN good. My favorite your ask? Pepperoni, Mushroom, Garlic and Sausage with extra cheese.

Second reason Toody's now serves Beer and Wine..I have no idea what the prices are for a class of wine or a bottle of beer.To be honest I didn't look, but I strongly suspect it is very reasonable. Having a beer with your pizza is as American as having a glass wine with your pasta. More importantly though and with all sincerity, Congrats to Toody's on securing the Beer and Wine License. This is a very very BIG STEP. Toody's can no longer be considered a little place that invented the SUBMARINE SANDWHICH. Toody's is now a full fledged restaurant!
ciao
CW
UPDATE!!!! 7-24-08
I stopped by Toody's AGAIN, to inhale some wonderful food and I noticed a very classy 50 inch or so looking PLASMA TV hanging on the wall for people to enjoy while eating. NICE TOUCH!! Anyway in the above post I mentioned the Toody's now has Beer and Wine but I wasn't sure on the cost. While at Toody's I checked! Beer runs between $3.50 and $5.00 a bottle depending on the brand, import vs domestic. Wine runs $6.50 per glass. All appear to be top shelf brands. Just an FYI.
Update 7-26-08

Well the surprises keep coming at Toody's!!

I didn't catch this the other day but Toody's is now serving some delicious breakfast items such as Croissants or Bagels with your choice of Cheese, Bacon, Ham or Sausage or English Muffins with the same choices.

Today I was on my way back from the Post Office and I noticed the sign at Toody's saying breakfast was now being served. So I pulled my gas guzzling Hummer into the parking lot and went in and I dined on an English muffin with Egg, Sausage and for good measure a couple pieces of bacon,* and I gotta tell you it was damn GOOD. AFFORDABLE TOO!! Why anyone in the world would even THINK about going to Dunkin Donuts for the crap they serve is beyond me. Do yourself a favor and try Toody's breakfast items. You won't be disappointed.

A generous assortment of Donuts (mmmmm donuts mmmmm) and muffins are also on the menu for those wanting a lighter choice along with good coffee and juice.

*I gotta agree with WRKO AM 680 Evening drive host and Boston Herald Columnist Howie Carr EVERYTHING tastes better with bacon on it.

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just love the pizza at toodys! It is by far the best pizza in wakefield no doubt about it.

July 15, 2008 11:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I forget how much Toody's is getting for a beer but the other day I ate a large stake and cheese there and had bud lite with some chips right around $11.00 if I remember right. Adding some beer to the menu was a good thing for them with the heat in the area. Now you can sit down eat some good food and enjoy a beer as well. sweet!

July 15, 2008 11:57 AM  
Blogger Cerebralwaste said...

Thanks Anon and M.M.for stopping by this humble little blog. You are always welcome here.

July 15, 2008 3:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Last month my family and I had the pleasure of eating at Toody's while on a mini vacation in New England. My youngest son who is 12 tried the pizza (pepperoni & sausage) which he consumed crust and all. My teenage daughter who is a very finicky eater loved her Italian sub, while I had one of the best Steak and Cheese grinders I have ever had in my life. The wife declined to eat saying she was on a diet. However she did try a bite of my son's pizza which she found very good. I must say we found Toody's to be a great place. We only wish there was one near us in Scranton.

J.Caruso

July 15, 2008 7:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha your all suckers

July 17, 2008 11:59 AM  
Blogger Cerebralwaste said...

What a brilliant comment mr anon.or is Mr Moron? It must of taken all of your legendary brain power to put those four words together but I digress...you know best now don't you?

July 17, 2008 12:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What does CW stand for CAPTAIN WUSSY

July 24, 2008 12:02 PM  
Blogger Cerebralwaste said...

Why do you care what it stand for? Post your phone number and I might call and tell you in person.

July 24, 2008 12:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HA HA HA HA!

July 25, 2008 12:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for your help!

December 26, 2009 8:29 PM  
Anonymous AGA said...

I was hoping we might get a little insight or humorous commentary on the special election from Taxachusetts.

January 20, 2010 7:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am reading this article second time today, you have to be more careful with content leakers. If I will fount it again I will send you a link

February 17, 2010 7:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like when people are expressing their opinion and thought. So I like the way you are writing

February 21, 2010 3:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice brief and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you on your information.

March 18, 2010 1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home