Wednesday, May 23, 2007

The Passing of a Dear Dear Friend...

On May 7th, 2007 I wrote this post "The 6:00 am Gang at Panera" concerning the friendship 4 people from various walks of life had developed over time. We meet every morning at 6:00 am for coffee. I am sad to say that one of the "Panera Gang of Four" has passed from this earth.

Earl, our resident small engine maestro and one hullava guy passed away Tuesday afternoon, the 22nd of May. Earl was a friend to all who knew him. Some affectionately called him "EARL THE PEARL". Earl by all accounts was a man's man. The true salt of the earth. I loved Earl like a brother and will continue to keep a place in my heart for him. Always.

I had just settled in on the couch for a hard evening of watching the extended version of the "RETURN OF THE KING" from the Lord of the Rings trilogy when "THE COLONEL" called me with the news of Earl's unexpected passing. I felt a range of emotions hit me like a brick wall upon hearing the news. Rage, sadness, anger, sorrow and many tears washed upon me. The realization that he was gone is a bitter pill. Friendships like the 4 of us have are a rare and special thing. As a result I feel like part of me is gone, and it is in a way. Yet I can say none of us will ever forget Earl. Ever. He was a special guy. I can honestly say we all will still meet each other every day for coffee as well. It is important in times like these to keep the tradition going.

With Earl's passing things will be different. No question about it. It is going to be mighty uncomfortable seeing his empty chair every morning. But I am confident our friendship with each other and the bonds we share will grow stronger as a result.

God bless you Earl. I love you from the bottom of my heart. You will be missed but never ever forgotten.

7 Comments:

Blogger Um Naief said...

Sorry to hear about this. May God rest his soul, and may you feel happiness and peace about this in God speed.

May 28, 2007 4:11 AM  
Blogger Cerebralwaste said...

Thanks for your support Tooners. It has been a rough week with Earl passing.

We all take some comfort in knowing he is in a better place. Still we miss him and always will.

May 28, 2007 12:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I should have commented earlier and told you that I found your "Gang at Panera" post enjoyable, interesting and instructive. Now, to read that the Gang is reduced by one, is, well, maddening.

My condolences to you and your friends in this time of loss.

May 29, 2007 3:19 PM  
Blogger Cerebralwaste said...

AGA

Thank you for your thoughts. I appreciate it very much. Today marks 1 week since Earl's death. It has been a rough week. Yet the "gang" has continued to meet everyday (weekday) and will continue to do so. We are all grieving Earl's passing but being together helps. Friendship is so important at times like these. I can't imagine not being around the others guys for support.

Thank you as well for your kind words. You are always welcome at this humble blog. You are also welcome to join us at anytime for coffee if you are in the neighborhood.(I'll buy!) It doesn't matter who you are or where you come from. You will be welcome to join us! (Please bring some shawarma if you come!)

May 29, 2007 3:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for the invitation, and if I am ever in Beantown, I will take you up on your offer. I also hope to meet you someday in Bahrain for the real deal shawarma. :)

May 30, 2007 7:38 AM  
Blogger Cerebralwaste said...

AGA

I hope to meet you as well when I come back to Bahrain. Which I hope will be sooner rather than later. Perhaps this fall if things work out. Shawarma's of course are on me!

Please let me know if you ever come to the Beantown area as well. I would love to give you the tour of the area.

ciao!
mark

May 30, 2007 8:41 AM  
Blogger BuZain said...

May God rest his soul in peace. sorry for the late comment

June 23, 2007 8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home