Thursday, April 05, 2007

I am OUT OF HERE!!!

And it isn't soon enough.... Yes dedicated CerebralWaste readers my candy ass is vacating the Commonwealth of Taxachusetts for a few days and heading for Sunny Florida. I would rather of course blaze the trail to Bahrain and see some family and friends (of course eat some SHAWARMA as well!) but that trip will have to wait till later. Besides me and SBG on the Island at the same time might be a bit much for the country to take! Not to mention the strong chance of a Shawarma shortage happening with both of us in Bahrain at the same time.

I can't express how much I need this mini vacation. The weather here just SUCKS. My body is wracked with pain and I can't take much more. It snowed yesterday, once again thwarting my attempts to start getting the yard cleaned up. Plus ground is about the break on the long awaited addition to the house we are putting on. That and a wonderful "Farmers Porch" and a new roof. It is going to be a busy Spring and Summer. Not to mention my second bedroom.. The GREENHOUSE.

Once the new room is done I must start shopping for a new Wood Stove. A must have item in my mind if you live in New England with soaring energy costs. We save well over $2000 a year by heating our home with wood. Efficiency on wood stoves are pushing in the 80+% range. Some are more efficient than new furnaces or boilers. Plus wood is a completely RENEWABLE source of energy. Of course what makes the whole thing even better is I have never paid for a single piece of firewood in my life. Firewood is FREE if you keep you eyes open and put the word out you are willing to take the stuff off of peoples hands. I do so enjoy opening my widow in the middle of the winter to cool the house off a bit if needed, plus get some "FRESH AIR" as well.

So if you need to get a hold of me while I am gone fire off an email to me at SKUNKCRAZY@AOL.COM. I will be checking my email while I am away and I will get back to you. Though it might be several hours or the next day you will get a response I promise.

Anyway THANK YOU all for being great friends of this humble blog. If anyone needs anything from Florida let me know and I will do my best to track it down for you.

ciao!
CerebralWaste

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a great trip CW!

April 05, 2007 2:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man I so agree with you about getting out of here. This last snow is enough to make one want to move away and not come back.

April 05, 2007 2:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have fun!

April 06, 2007 5:42 AM  
Blogger Trevelyana said...

Last week I was wearing a tank top and shorts, today my finger almost fell off from the cold as I lugged my laundry to the laundry room. I saw snowflakes.. I was gonna cry.

What was I saying? Oh ya, have Fun!

and cool house!

April 07, 2007 11:39 AM  
Blogger Ali Al Saeed said...

Have a great vacation CW, you certainly deserve it, although you're right, we would've loved to have you over in Bahrain! But I guess Florida will do for now :)

By the way, last night I tried one of the best beef shawarmas I had in quite a while at this new place off Exhibition avenue! :P

April 13, 2007 11:04 AM  
Blogger Cerebralwaste said...

Now now Ali just what where you doing off of INHABTION err Exhibition Ave???????

Inquiring minds want to know!

April 13, 2007 11:19 AM  
Blogger Um Naief said...

hope you had a good vacation. i need one of those myself.... and hope it's to the States in the summer... we shall see.

i love wood furnaces. many of the houses i grew up in had these and you're right, sometimes it gets so hot that you have to open a window, and when you do... it sure gives you a rush. love it and miss it a lot.

April 30, 2007 10:40 AM  
Blogger Cerebralwaste said...

Had a good time Tooners. Can't wait to go back!

Nothing beats a wood stove. I will always have one.. Unless of course I am in Bahrain!

April 30, 2007 11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home