Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Bahrain or BUST!!!!!

For those who know me you understand my love for Bahrain. Well you may not understand it but you understand that I love the place. That tiny little Island nation in the Persian err Arabian Gulf. I don't know what it is EXACTLY about Bahrain that burns in my blood. I don't honestly think there is one single thing I can put my finger on. Rather it is a collective string of items and events that make it so special me. Politics aside here is a partial list of what makes Bahrain special to me.

1) The People. I have been all over the world and I can honestly say the people in Bahrain are to the word nice as to what the French are to the word rude. Warm honest and open and I haven't noticed any change in this over the years.

2) The Climate. Toss aside half of June, July, August and September when you might think you are in the upper half of the Nine layers of hell on the Hot Scale the remaining 8 and half months are PERFECT with little chance of rain to dampen your outdoor plans.

3) Can you say GOLF? How about lazy horseback rides along the beach? Scuba anyone? Need something with some speed? Try the F1 track on for size. A plethora of activities awaits you. There IS ALWAYS something to do.

4)History. Some of the oldest ruins in the world are in Bahrain and I could spend days looking at them. Some call Bahrain the original site the Garden of Eden. I can see why.

5) THE FOOD.. Yep. Whatever you want. From Burger King to the wonderful and affordable food at Zyara aka Grill Land and of course BurgerLand.. My first stops for SHAWARMAS.. mmmmm Shawarmas..

This isn't a complete list, not by a long shot. The real beauty of Bahrain is that special something I can't put a finger on. Talk with other "expat" types and most agree there is just something special about the place. A certain magic that defies any definition. Regardless I can't wait to go back and in less than 10 days I will be there. Looking forward to seeing a lot of old friends and meeting the new ones that the world of BLOGS has introduced. See you soon!

4 Comments:

Blogger MuppetLord said...

hmm...and how long have you lived in Bahrain?

November 03, 2005 9:39 AM  
Blogger Cerebralwaste said...

I have been in and out of the GCC region for years and every year I come to Bahrain and visit family and friends and to participate in the AMH Golf Tournament.Though I am still recovering from some major back surgery that limits me to NOT playing I still come in to lend my support and of course digest as many SHAWARMAS that I can.

November 03, 2005 4:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Burger King?!?

November 06, 2005 12:44 AM  
Blogger Cerebralwaste said...

Well I won't say I fly to Bahrain to eat at BK but....... OK I admit it... I AM A FAST FOOD JUNKIE!! Do you feel better now that you have made me expose my darkest secret!??? (snif snif)

November 06, 2005 3:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home