Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Nagging questions...........

How do you end the pain of the loss of a friend? Your best friend. How many hours, days, weeks, months and years does it take? Or does the pain of loss ever truly leave? Why do these flood of emotions still haunt me 7 plus years later? Was there something I could have done? Is it guilt? Survivors guilt that still haunts my mind? How do you separate the bonds of a friendship forged since childhood through the harsh open reality that your best friend is gone and the ever nagging question of why? Why? Why? Why?

As each year passes I have grown to better understand that the pain will never completely leave. Nor should it. I choose to believe and place my faith that it is these types of things that happen to us that help to define us as who we are as individuals and it is up to each one of us to turn a negative into a positive. It isn't and hasn't been easy.

Grief is a hard thing but the loss of my best friend since childhood in the end has made me a better person and better friend to others.

You are still missed my friend but you will never be forgotten.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home