Thursday, September 07, 2006

TV REMOTES and Assorted Thoughts

Has anyone ever thought about just how lazy the TV Remote control has made us? I wonder just how much weight I could lose I got up off my lazy ass and turned the channel every time I wanted too. Heaven forbid if for some reason my remote vanished I would be beside myself.

I do remember a time when TV's didn't have remotes. Of course then there were only 4 or 5 stations. Pre cable and Satellite days. Now I am dating myself!

On a side note I offered a TV to the friendly fish CHAN'AD Chan’ad Bahraini for his dorm room and he TURNED IT DOWN FLAT!. Not because he has one but because he doesn't WANT ONE!! And yes the TV I had for him had a REMOTE! He is a braver man than I!

Hope everyone has a GREAT WEEKEND!

ciao!

~CerebralWaste~

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chan'ad is smart--read a book!

September 07, 2006 2:04 PM  
Blogger Um Naief said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

September 14, 2006 8:52 AM  
Blogger Um Naief said...

was my step dad's remote. back then, it was finding the TV Guide, which he always seemed to lose!

i go kinda ape shit when i lose the remote. i tear up everything looking for it. ;) but, we do have the type of satellite that you can't just change the channels. it has different levels, depending on where you want to go - like Orbit, Arabic, Home, Showtime, etc. Each of these has different channels attached to them. so... losing the remote means remaining on ONE channel!!! the horror of it! ;)

September 14, 2006 8:53 AM  
Blogger Cerebralwaste said...

TOONERS

Drop me an email when you can.

ciao!
m

September 16, 2006 2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home